Are You At Risk?
If you fall into three or more of the following categories, you may be at risk for prediabetes or diabetes:
- Blood pressure of 140/90 or higher
- Above-normal cholesterol levels
- Inactive lifestyle (exercising less than 2x/week)
- Family history of diabetes
- History of gestational diabetes
- Obesity (BMI ≥ 25 kg/m2)
- Aged 45 years or older
If you fall into three or more categories, it does NOT mean you have prediabetes or diabetes. A blood test performed by a doctor is needed to find out.
If you think you might have prediabetes, print this form and take it to your health care professional for testing.