I Might Have Prediabetes
Nearly 2 million New Yorkers have prediabetes. Do you think you might be one of them?
There are certain criteria that may put you at risk for prediabetes. If you fall into three or more of the following categories, you may be at risk for prediabetes:
- Blood pressure of 140/90 or higher
- Above-normal cholesterol levels
- Inactive lifestyle (exercising less than 2x/week)
- Family history of diabetes
- History of gestational diabetes
- Obesity (BMI ≥ 25 kg/m2)
- Aged 45 years or older
If you think you might have prediabetes, you will need to get in touch with a health care professional for testing. Print this form and take it to your health care professional.